Best Edit, Best Price!
Comprehensive line edit, including proofreading, correction of punctuation, and much more for what comparable book editors charge for proofreading alone
Check out my fee calculator to determine your approximate cost
What You'll Get
- A thorough manuscript markup
- A customized, detailed report similar to a non-fiction writing manual focused on your particular needs
- A thorough knowledge of issues in need of improvement to help you meet your goals
- A valuable reference tool, the above mentioned report, for use when you write future manuscripts
- An honest, unbiased evaluation of your work by one of the most highly experienced professional editors in the industry with a 99.5% client satisfaction rate
- No getting lost in the shuffle with a large company and staff of editors. You’ll be dealing with me exclusively throughout the process.
I learned more from your advice than from all of the books I’ve read and the courses I took at Gotham Writers’ Workshop.
— Jack Brandmahl
My name is Michael Garrett, and I invite you to review my impressive editorial credentials and client testimonials. My book editing qualifications are among the best you'll find.
What I Edit
Fiction of all genres (except hard sci-fi and children’s books) and most non-fiction.
My Book Editing Includes
In addition to pinpointing grammatical issues and punctuation problems, I also look for the following:
- Viewpoint violations; possibly the most common reason for fiction rejection
- Sentence structure; are your sentences constructed properly and presented in variable form?
- Focus; is your lead character effectively guiding your reader through the plot progression?
- Consistency; do you apply fiction components consistently throughout the novel?
- Clarity; is your writing easily understandable to even the most basic reader?
- Resolution effectiveness; does your ending provide a complete reading experience?
And many more; I look for 400+ potential problems.